The Austrian government has announced its long-awaited plan for safety guidelines for the ski season 2020-2021.
The changes to ski holidays in Austria were announced in a press conference this morning by Austrian chancellor Sebastian Kurz, along with the tourism and health ministers.
The guidelines are similar to ones which operated successfully during the summer tourist season, he said. Après-ski, in the form which it took place in previous winters, would not be allowed.
The guidelines include:
- Obligatory mouth and nose covering in gondolas and cable cars
- One metre distance between individuals when waiting for a lift
Ski School Recommendations
- Maximum group size of 10 persons
- No mixing or swapping between groups
- Free virus testing for ski instructors
- Only allowed when customers are seated at a table
- Closing time of 22.00 in the west of Austria (the Tyrol, Salzburg and Vorarlberg)
- Minimum distance of one metre between groups of guests
- Mouth and nose coverings for all hotel employees with guest contact and for guests in public areas